6.1.09

coffee

i heard coffee taste better with a smoky kiss.
i don't quite know what i am doing.  i don't know where to go.  what makes me happy.
don't you feel like you find love in all the wrong places darling?
i'll raise you up high above the saddest tree, exert all my strength for you to smile for me.
the sun will kiss your face slowly in the light. i hope you reach a sweet soft song in an epiphany.
i don't quite know what makes me happy.
i don't quite know why coffee tastes better with a poison fume.
i lie constantly, because it's right for you, because it feels right for me.
i'll make a nightmare of my day, and hope that it never visits me the same way.
sleep paralysis, dark darling eyes, i'm afraid so afraid of closing mine.
wind will trickle between our toes, birds will sing what they know.
pray to a god, a concept we believed as children, ask for a chance.
life will move fast, but mine feels slow.
i'll sit here to celebrate a day.  a day i don't quite know why it's worth celebrating.
i want you to catch me off guard, to be the drug i want.
to be the substance, to be my air.  
i'll build a map silently at night, a trail for all my arteries, feel my heart stop and go.
hopefully you could hear the song it plays.
i don't quite know what makes me happy.
i killed the sun.
i'll sit around on the wet cold grass, the coffee tastes better as the time will pass.

No comments: